Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
An Exercise in Writing Metaphors: Complete the sentences to make your own metaphors.
1. The moon is a ball.
2. Freckles are red seed when they spread across your face.
3. His arms were spaghetti as they lifted the heavy chair.
4. The stars are diamond as they twinkle in the night sky.
5. The storm was a monster as it clawed against my window.
6. The freshly mowed lawn was a green mat.
7. The noisy children were stepping elephant as they raced through the museum.
8. I was a balinese dance as I tiptoed across the wooden floor.
9. The river was a giant snake as it twisted and turned down the mountain.
10. His cheeks were two red apples as he chewed the giant wad of bubble gum.